To be a people united in Christ, built together in love, walking in the light, committed to making the gospel of Jesus Christ known and being a wellspring of spiritual life in our locality.
Our values lie at the centre of who we are and express what we regard as important in being part of advancing God’s Kingdom. We value:
- The UNITY we have by BEING TOGETHER as the FAMILY of God
(Galatians 3:26-28, Ephesians 4:2-6, Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Being God’s IMAGE BEARERS and SERVING THE COMMUNITY
(Genesis 1:26, Ephesians 2:10, Acts 17: 26-27, Colossians 4:5)
- God’s VARIED GIFTINGS and by identifying, releasing and developing God’s gifts to extend the Kingdom of God.
(1 Corinthians 12:4-11, Romans 12: 6-8)
“What counts is faith expressing itself through love” Galatians 5:6
What We Believe
Our doctrinal position is that of the Evangelical Alliance of Great Britain. We believe in:
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written word of God – fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the Virgin Mary, truly divine and truly human yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God. continued
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection, his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgment, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.